Kiggins Bowl – Gary Boggs Field
Tenant: Fort Vancouver Trappers, Hudson’s Bay Eagles, Skyview Storm
Field Name: Gary Boggs Field
Surface: Field Turf
Covered Seating: Partial home side.
Restrooms: 1 Male, 1 Female
Stadium Orientation: North/south
Concessions: Home stands
Kiggins Bowl Street Address:
800 E 40th St
Kiggins Bowl is located just North of Discovery Middle School in Vancouver Washington.
It serves as the home stadium for the Fort Vancouver Trappers, Hudson’s Bay Eagles and Skyview Storm.
Kiggins Bowl is the most unique stadium of all the Greater St. Helens League Stadiums. It was built in 1933 and was named after then Mayor J.P. Kiggins. The Vancouver Trappers started playing football games there in 1946.
Since the stadium was not originally built for football, the home stands are quite a ways off the field. Only about 1/3 of the home stands are covered. The home bleacher seats are concrete and quite deep. There is an elevator for handicap access at the South entrance from Discovery Middle School. The road bleachers are uncovered and a bit low. It’s hard to see over the players during a high school game. A lot of road fans end up standing around the field or sitting in the large home section.
In 2011 the Vancouver School District named the field at Kiggins Bowl, “Gary Boggs Field” in honor of the late Gary Boggs. Boggs was the head football coach at Fort Vancouver from 1967-2000 where he led the Trappers to 163 wins and 5 league championships.
Kiggins Bowl is the only GSHL stadium that does not have a track around it, yet its still the furthest away from the field.
Parking at Kiggins Bowl is located on both the South of the stadium at Discovery Middle School and to the North of the Kiggins Bowl Complex off of Main Street. The Main Street parking lot is larger but there is quite a walk to the stadium once there.
There is 1 main concession stand at the top of the home stands. There is 1 male and 1 female bathroom at the bottom of the stairs to the way top of the stadium as well as and 1 male and 1 female handicap bathroom. Skyview Storm home games also have a BBQ down on the field level between the stands and the filed.
Kiggins Bowl 2012 Game Schedule
- Friday August 31 – Washougal at Hudson’s Bay - 7:00 pm
- Friday September 7 – Hockinson at Fort Vancouver - 5:00 pm
- Friday September 7 – Columbia River at Skyview - 8:00 pm
- Friday September 14 – Lakes at Skyview - 5:00 pm
- Friday September 14 – Hockinson at Hudson’s Bay - 8:00 pm
- Friday September 21 – R.A. Long at Fort Vancouver- 7:00 pm
- Friday September 28 – Kelso at Hudson’s Bay* - 7:00 pm
- Friday October 5 – Heritage at Skyview* - 7:00 pm
- Friday October 12 -Kelso at Fort Vancouver* - 5:00 pm
- Friday October 12 – Evergreen at Skyview* - 8:00 pm
- Friday October 19 – Prairie at Fort Vancouver* - 5:00 pm
- Friday October 19 -Columbia River at Hudson’s Bay* - 8:00 pm
- Friday October 22 – Fort Vancouver at Hudson’s Bay* - 5:00 pm
- Friday October 22 – Union at Skyview* - 8:00 pm
Kiggins Bowl – Gary Boggs Field Photo Galley
Football Stadiums Of The Greater St. Helens League
- Chieftain Stadium, Vancouver WA (Columbia River Chieftains)
- District Stadium, Battle Ground WA (Battle Ground Tigers, Prairie Falcons)
- Doc Harris Stadium, Camas WA (Camas Papermakers, Seton Catholic Cougars)
- Fishback Stadium, Washougal WA (Washougal Panthers)
- Kiggins Bowl – Gary Boggs Field, Vancouver WA (Fort Vancouver Trappers, Hudson’s Bay Eagles, Skyview Storm)
- Longview Memorial Stadium, Longview WA (R.A. Long Lumberjacks, Mark Morris Monarchs)
- McKenzie Stadium, Vancouver WA (Evergreen Plainsmen, Mountain View Thunder, Heritage Timberwolves, Union Titans)
- Nautilus Field, Brush Prairie WA (Hockinson Hawks)
- Ridgefield Stadium, Ridgefield WA (Ridgefield Spudders)
- Schroeder Field, Kelso WA (Kelso Hilanders)
- Stewart Field, Aberdeen WA (Aberdeen Bobcats)